News Archive 2013
- Dr. Roger McLeod, Unravelling the mysteries of fat metabolism
- Thursday, January 10, 2013
- "Lipid researcher, Dr. Roger McLeod, Assistant Dean, Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, is piecing together the complex picture of how our bodies break down, transport and store different kinds of fats – and what this means for our health."
- Dr. Michael Gray, Elected Fellow!
- Monday, February 11, 2013
- Dr. Michael Gray has been elected to Fellowship in the American Academy of Microbiology. The Academy, the honorific leadership group within the American Society for Microbiology, recognizes excellence, originality and creativity in the microbiological sciences.
- Dr. Thomas Pulinilkunnil, Eliminating the global burden of cardiac disease
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013
- Dr. Thomas Pulinilkunnil (above) shows how his research on cardiac metabolism is the key to understanding pathogenesis of heart disease.
- Dr. Marignani - Breast cancer advances
- Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Dr. Paola Marignani and her lab have made astounding advances in breast cancer research. Recently, the media has taken an interest in her research and the implications it could have on breast cancer patients and possible treatments.
Global news videoBreast cancer research
- Project Targets Prostate Cancer
- Friday, June 14, 2013
- Dr. Graham Dellaire is part of a cross-country team working on a five-year, $5 Million project to find new ways to treat aggressive and treatment-resistant Prostate Cancer. Click on the link below to read this article from the Chronicle Herald. http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/1135537-project-targets-prostate-cancer
- Congratulations Marie-Laurence Tremblay!
- Tuesday, July 23, 2013
- In May at the 2013 Canadian Society for Chemistry Conference held in Quebec City, Marie-Laurence Tremblay, a PhD Candidate in the Rainey Lab, received a Division of Industrial Chemistry Graduate Student Oral Presentation Prize. Congratulations Marie!
- BHCRI Featured Research Dr. Kirill Rosen
- Thursday, August 08, 2013
- Dr. Kirill Rosen has been chosen as the Beatrice Hunter Cancer Research Institute Featured Researcher. Dr. Rosen is Jointly Appointed Faculty Member with Pediatrics.