News Archive 2014
- Don't Be Disposed to be Adipose
- Monday, January 06, 2014
- To Read Dr. Roger McLeod's recent article in the Chronicle Herald, please click on the link below:
- Dr. Andrew Roger, Elected Fellow!
- Saturday, February 15, 2014
- Dr. Andrew Roger has been elected to Fellowship in the American Academy of Microbiology. The Academy, the honorific leadership group within the American Society for Microbiology, recognizes excellence, originality and leadership in the microbiological sciences. Election to this group is a mark of distinction.
- Dr. Ford Doolittle receives NSERC's top award
- Monday, February 03, 2014
- Dr. Ford Doolittle is the recipient of the 2013 NSERC Gerhard Herzberg Canada Gold Medal for Science and Engineering. The NSERC Herzberg Medal is the Council's highest honour and is awarded annually to an individual who has demonstrated sustained excellence and influence in research for a body of work conducted in Canada that has substantially advanced fields in the natural sciences or engineering. In addition to the medal, the winner is guaranteed up to $1 million to use for personal university-based research or to direct in some related way, such as the establishment of research chairs in his name at Canadian universities. More information can be found at: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Prizes-Prix/Herzberg-Herzberg/Index-Index_eng.asp.
- Dr. Marignani: Turning off the power
- Monday, December 15, 2014
Dr. Paola Marignani and her lab have made astounding advances in breast cancer research.
Faculty of Medicine news articleTurning off the power: Dr. Paola Marignani finds drug combination that stops growth of breast cancer cells