Good News Stories
- 2018 Summer Research Awards
- Friday, January 26, 2018
- Molly Appeal paves the way to precision cancer treatment
- Friday, November 24, 2017
- “The Fluidigm system will allow us to see what is happening within and around a patient’s cancer cells,” says Dr. Marignani.
Dal News articleMolly Appeal paves the way to precision cancer treatment
- Zebrafish lead Dalhousie researchers to important discoveries in prostrate cancer and leukemia
- Wednesday, November 22, 2017
- Zebrafish have helped Dal researchers, Dr. Jason Berman, Nicole Melong and Dr. Graham Dellaire, shed light on a potentially deadly cardiac side effect of a new drug meant to prolong life in advanced prostate cancer.
Dal News articleZebrafish lead Dalhousie researchers to important discoveries in prostrate cancer and leukemia
Faculty in the News
- Dalhousie researchers working to reduce growth of breast cancer tumours (CTV article)
- Dr. Claudio Slamovits' lab reveals hidden link between cells and bacteria
(Globe and Mail article)
- Dr. Paola Marignani: Turning off the power
(Faculty of Medicine News) (RCI Interview)
- Dr. Paola Marignani makes astounding advances in breast cancer research
(Global News video) (CTV Atlantic Video) (Chronicle Herald article)
- Dr. Christopher McMaster receives the Discovery Centre's Innovation Award for DeNovaMed as part of their 2012 Annual Discovery Awards for Science and Technology (Video)
- Dr. W. Ford Doolittle named 2011 Nova Scotia's Science Hall of Fame (Video)
- Key Driver of Metastasis Identified
Scientists at Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia have identified a key mechanism of metastasis that could lead to blocking tumor growth if their findings are confirmed.
- Dr. David Waisman and Dr. Graham Dellaire: Dalhousie's Breast Cancer Army [PDF - 1.5 MB]
- What the past says about the future [PDF - 78 kB]
New research is unravelling the secrets of many serious diseases.
- Dr. Chambers' Virtual Classroom
Chemistry for Life Science Students is a free self-study course that shows students how to predict the product(s) of biochemical reactions rather than just memorizing them. The course is based on a series of Problem Sets. All the information needed to answer the questions, and much more, is in the free course textbook, "The Chemical Basis of Metabolism".
- Invaluable Inteins
From parasitic hitchhikers to wonder molecules
- Darwin and the Deeply Dumb
While American creationists misappropriate the work of a Dalhousie biologist for their battle against the teaching of evolution, the scientific world grapples to come to terms with Ford Doolittle's challenge to Darwin's tree of life.
- Government should care about research [PDF - 461 kB]
- Dalhousie Medical School Researchers Launch Clinical Trial of 'Good Fat' Weight-Loss Product [PDF - 188 kB]
- Dr. Andrew Roger, 2005 Emerging Professional of Distinction (Video)
- Dr. W. Ford Doolittle, 2002 Professional of Distinction Award (Video)