Seminars Archive 2006
- Dr. Charles Bullerwell - Patrick Prize Recipient
- Thursday, January 26, 2006
- "RNA Editing in Fungi and Plants"
- Dr. Charles Kurland
- Thursday, January 19, 2006
- "Cellular Protein Space and the Origin of Eukaryotes"
- Dr. Richard Fahlman
- Tuesday, January 17, 2006
- "RNA: Roles in Synthesis, Regulation and Degradation of Proteins."
- Dr. Jan Rainey
- Wednesday, January 11, 2006
- "Structural studies of matrix and membrane proteins over the supramolecular to atomic levels."
- Dr. John Blankenship
- Thursday, January 05, 2006
- "Pyrrolopyrimidine and Pyrrolodiazepinone Synthesis by a novel Pictet-Spengler reaction, and Conformational Analysis of Selective GD2-Ganglioside Binding Ligands"
- Dr. Tony Russell
- Monday, February 13, 2006
- "Small nucleolar RNAs (snoRNAs) in ribosome assembly and function"
- Dr. Alan Doucette
- Thursday, February 09, 2006
- "From Proteins to Proteomics: Separations Meet Mass Spectrometry."
- Dr. Michael Sacher
- Tuesday, February 07, 2006
- "Structure-function analysis of the membrane trafficking complex TRAPP in health and disease"
- Dr. Allyson O'Donnell
- Tuesday, March 21, 2006
- "The calcineurin substrate Hph1 regulates metal ion homeostasis"
- Dr. Eric Shoubridge
- Thursday, March 16, 2006
- "Defective assembly of the respiratory chain and the mystery of tissue specificity in mitochondrial disease"
- Dr. Hatch Stokes
- Monday, April 24, 2006
- Mobile Gene Cassettes and Bacterial Adaptation
- Dr. Mark Glover
- Thursday, May 25, 2006
- "BRCT domains - conserved phospho-peptide recognition modules in the DNA damage response"
- Dr. Khosrow Adeli
- Thursday, June 29, 2006
- "Mechanisms of Hepatic and Intestinal Lipoprotein Overproduction in Insulin Resistant States: Perturbations in the Insulin Signal Transduction Cascades"
- Dr. Aled Edwards
- Thursday, June 08, 2006
- "Structural Genomics Consortium. Structural Chemistry of Human Gene Families"
- Dr. Anathea Flaman-Recipient of the Doug Hogue Award In Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Thursday, June 01, 2006
- Searching for the elusive function of the yeast Niemann-Pick Type C-related protein
- Dr. Elizabeth Patton
- Thursday, July 27, 2006
- "White fish, blue jaws, and black spots: MAPK signalling in zebrafish development and tumourigenesis"
- Dr. Mike Shultz
- Tuesday, July 04, 2006
- "Studies of chromatin assembly and remodelling in yeast"
- Dr. Eugene Koonin
- Thursday, August 17, 2006
- "Evolution of cells and viruses: a possibility of new synthesis?"
- Dr. Gregory Petsko
- Friday, September 29, 2006
- Structural Neurology: A New Approach To The Understanding Treatment and Prevention of Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Dr. Debbie Plouffe
- Thursday, September 21, 2006
- "Mechanisms of Immunity of Goldfish to Trypanosoma danilewskyi"
- Dr. Michael Scheid
- Thursday, October 26, 2006
- "How to keep MAPK out of the loop: The AKTion starts with PDK1"
- Dr. Jianjun Wang
- Thursday, October 12, 2006
- Human High-Density Lipoprotein Formation and Assembly at Atomic Resolution.
- Dr. Robert Hedges
- Thursday, October 05, 2006
- From Hunter-Gatherers to compound-specific isotope variation; biochemical approaches to finding out about ancient diet
- Dr. Lisa Porter
- Thursday, November 30, 2006
- The Role of Spy1 in Cell Growth Control; A Novel Mechanistic Insight into Development and Disease
- Dr. Christopher Beh
- Wednesday, November 29, 2006
- Sterol homeostasis and yeast cell polarization
- Dr. Laura Katz
- Thursday, November 02, 2006
- Challenging paradigms through studies of evolutionary genomics of microbial eukaryotes