Seminars Archive 2007
- Dr. Maurille Fournier
- Monday, January 29, 2007
- "The modified nucleotides in rRNA: they affect ribosome synthesis and activity and may do more..."
- Dr. Tom Schmidt
- Thursday, January 25, 2007
- "Bacterial niches and greenhouse gases: Tradeoffs between power and efficiency"
- Dr. Peter Tonge
- Thursday, March 15, 2007
- Mycolic Acid and Menaquinone Biosynthesis: Mining the Magic Mountain for Novel Tuberculosis Drugs
- Dr. Jens Coorssen
- Thursday, April 05, 2007
- Cholesterol, curvature, rafts, and regulated membrane fusion: getting at mechanism
- Dr. Greg Fairn-Patrick Prize Recipient
- Friday, May 18, 2007
- Award Presenation
- Dr. Brian Sykes
- Thursday, September 27, 2007
- Structure and Dynamics of Calcium Regulatory Proteins: From Solution to Intact Muscle Fibers
- Dr. Laurent Kreplak
- Thursday, September 20, 2007
- "What mechanical role for desmin within muscle fibers? An in vitro study"
- Dr. Chris Lane
- Thursday, September 13, 2007
- "Comparative genomics gives us a second look at secondary endosymbiosis."
- Dr. André Marette
- Wednesday, September 05, 2007
- Fish nutrients for the treatment of insulin resistance in obesity.
- Dr. Chérif F. Matta
- Thursday, October 25, 2007
- "Where Do Things Happen in Biological Molecules? Insight from the Analysis of Molecular Electron Density Distributions"
- Kristin Bowden - M.Sc. Thesis Defence
- Tuesday, October 23, 2007
- "Regulation of ABCA1 Protein Turnover and Cholesterol Efflux by Oxysterol Binding Protien (OSBP)"
- Dr. Mo-Quen Klinkert
- Thursday, October 11, 2007
- "Small Clonally Variant Proteins of the Malaria Parasite Plasmodium Falciparum"
- George A. M. Cross
- Thursday, October 04, 2007
- "Genetic and Molecular Basis of Antigenic Variation in African Trypanosomes"
- Dr. David Waisman
- Thursday, November 29, 2007
- "Regulation of Cancer Cell Plasmin Generation by S100A10 "
- MSc Thesis Defense - Alex Berezkin
- Tuesday, November 27, 2007
- "Checkpoint protein kinase 2 (Chk2) as a mediator of anoikis of the non-malignant intestinal epithelial cells."
- Christine Sharp / Dr. Andrew Roger
- Thursday, November 22, 2007
- 3:45 p.m. CHRISTINE SHARP Honours Co-op Student Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Microbiology & Immunology "Discovery of an integron in the phylum Actinobacteria a potential agent of xenobiotic degradation?" 4:00 p.m. DR. ANDREW ROGER Associate Professor N.S.E.R.C. E.W.R. Steacie Memorial Fellowship Recipient "Statistical models of protein sequence evolution: Let's get real!"
- Dr. Richard Singer
- Thursday, November 15, 2007
- "Gene tranmscription in a repressive chromatin environment: issues of FACT"
- Dr. Eric Milot
- Thursday, December 20, 2007
- "Epigenetic regulation of gene expression in normal and malignant hematopoiesis"
- Dr. Graham Dellaire
- Thursday, December 13, 2007
- "Subnuclear domains and kinases: work in progress"
- Dr. Philip Bourne
- Thursday, December 06, 2007
- "Evolutionary Insights from Protein Structure"
- MSc Thesis Defence - Melissa A. MacKinnon
- Monday, December 03, 2007
- "The Role of Nuclear Protein Import on Phosphatidylcholine Synthesis"